The City Public Works Department is responsible for the following activities within the City of DeRidder:
- City code enforcement
- Planning and Zoning
- Solid waste collection
- Overlays and construction contracts
- Maintenance of streets, sidewalks, city rights-of-way, and all-way easements
- Maintenance of all public buildings and facilities
- Maintenance of all city parks
- Maintenance of all city cemeteries
- Grass maintenance throughout the city
- Maintenance of all signs throughout the city
- Storm drainage systems
The collection of waste and debris within the city limits is contracted through Progressive Waste Solutions. All inquiries should be directed to their office at 337-463-7211.
All emergency public works concerns after hours should contact the DeRidder Police Department at 337-462-8903.