Do I need a burn permit? How do I get one?
If you live within the corporate limits of the City of DeRidder, you must have a burn permit before conducting any open burning. Open burning is considered any fire which flames are readily unobstructed to the atmosphere. Items which are designed for controlled burning do not fall under open burning. An example would be, a bar-b-que pit designed for cooking. Any items not specifically built for controlled burning are subject to the open burning laws. The burning of leaves, processed wood, shingles, wire, or fuel is not allowed. Please contact the Fire Chief Office at 337-462-8929 for a burn permit or for more information.

Show All Answers

1. Why should I have a working smoke alarm?
2. Where should I install smoke alarms?
3. How often should I check or replace smoke alarms?
4. What are some general guidelines for smoke alarm maintenance?
5. What should I do if my Smoke Alarm is activated by cooking or shower?
6. I have a fire extinguisher that has been used or it is old. What should I do with it?
7. How do I get a copy of an Incident Report?
8. Do I need a burn permit? How do I get one?
9. How do I report a leaking fire hydrant?
10. What is the Fire Insurance Rating Classification for the City of DeRidder?